This very old lock was built at about 1810 and there isn`t much left to see. Made of large sandstone blocks with brick at either end, 52 feet long and 13 feet wide. Some of the brickwork can be clearly seen.
1885 map showing the lock near the top right. With the coming of the railway the canal is already unusable